“The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.“
Welcome to the Highland Park Full Gospel Assembly Church
Looking for something to do this Sunday. Come join us for our worship service. Located at the border of Highland Park and Eagle Rock.
Announcements June 25, 2017
- Thank you for supporting the Gospel through your tithes and offerings!
- Join us for our Sunday evening and mid-week services. And remember to bring a friend to church!
- Please remember to welcome our guests.
Sunday Morning Sermon
Pastor Ron Wolff
“28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
More Than Conquerors
31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us,who can be against us?”
Sunday Evening Sermon
Pastor Ron Wolff
- Sunday School – 10:00 A.M.
- Adult Class – Sister Elizabeth O’Connor
- Young Adult Class – Brother Chuy Olguin
- Sunday Morning Service – 11:00 A.M.
- Children’s Church – 12:00 P.M.
- Sunday Evening – 7:00 P.M.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study & Pie and Coffee – 6:30 P.M.
- I Corinthians 15:1
- Thursday Prayer Meeting – 11:00 A.M.
- Thursday Evening Prayer Meeting (4th Thursday of the Month) – 7 P.M.
Food for Thought
“The neglected heart will soon be a heart overrun with worldly thoughts; the neglected life will soon become a moral chaos; the church that is not jealously protected by mighty intercession and sacrificial labors will before long become the abode of every evil bird and the hiding place for unsuspected corruption. The creeping wilderness will soon take over that church that trusts in its own strength and forgets to watch and pray.”
– A.J. Tozer
Prayer Requests This Week
- For Sister Teresa Claw, for healing
- For Sister Shirley Claw, for healing
- For Sister Janet Wolff, for healing
- For La Finca de Los Ninos orphanage in Honduras, for more workers
- For wisdom and strength for our church leaders
6 – Blanca Kane
6 – Sammy Ranitu
8 – Mike Kane
13 – Grace Nozomi Uemura
19 – Sylvia Kane
21 – Doreen Olguin
23 – Jason Orellana
Our Fundamental Truths:
Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God. The Scriptures teach a life of “holiness with which no man shall see the Lord.” By the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command: “Be ye holy, for I am holy.” Sanctification is realized in the believer by recognizing his identification with Christ in His death and resurrection, and by the faith reckoning daily upon the fact of that union, and by offering every faculty continually to the dominion of the Holy Spirit (Romans 6:1-11, 13; Romans 8:1,2,13; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 2:12,13; I Peter 1:5; 15,16).